Click here to search for the Student Achievement Measures of participating colleges and universities.
See student outcomes for over 600 SAM participating institutions!
Student Achievement Measure (SAM)
National First-time, Full-time Bachelor's Model
Data are current as of 2019, reflecting the Fall 2013 Cohort
Six Year Outcomes
*Fall 2013 First-time Full-time Cohort
- 67% of full-time bachelor’s-seeking students who started in Fall 2012 graduated after 6 years
- 55% of first-time full-time students completed their bachelor’s degree at the institution where they started
- An additional 12% completed their degree after transferring to another institution
- The federal graduation rate only reports outcomes for students seeking bachelor’s degrees who start and finish at the same institution
- Nearly half a million successful students aren’t counted by the federal graduation rate!
- Furthermore … 10% are still enrolled and on track to complete
Want to benchmark SAM data?
VSA Analytics offers exclusive access to institutions to compare institutional data on SAM and 25 other key performance indicators. Benchmark your peers from a dataset aggregated from 4 data sources–IPEDS, NSF, SAM, and the College Scorecard which contains data on over 4,400 institutions.