The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
University of California-BerkeleyOne of the world's leading academic institutions, UC Berkeley attracts the best and brightest applicants, generating an ethnically and culturally diverse student population and providing one of the finest undergraduate learning experiences available. The Berkeley campus is divided into 14 colleges and schools, most of which are subdivided into departments. Even first-year students may find themselves in a classroom with one of Berkeley's 139 members of the National Academy of Sciences, 31 MacArthur fellows, 240 members of the Academy of Arts and Sciences, 15 National Medal of Science awardees or four Pulitzer Prize winners. A lush and tranquil oasis in an urban setting, Cal is surrounded by coffeehouses, bookstores, the hills of Tilden Regional Park and the city of Berkeley, one of America's most lively, culturally diverse and politically adventurous municipalities.
Fall 2013 First-time Full-time Cohort
6-year outcomes for undergraduate bachelor’s-seeking students as of 2019
First-Time Full-Time Students Starting Fall 2013
Number of students: 4,721
roll over each bar for detail data
The SAM Full-time Bachelor's Degree model tracks a group of students who started a bachelor's degree program at University of California-Berkeley in the Fall of 2013. The students' progress toward a degree is reported within 4, 5, and 6 years. The same group of students is included in the results for every year.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from University of California-Berkeley are represented by the darker purple bar with the solid black bar underneath (). (This section of the chart Within 6 Years is approximately the same as the federal graduation rate, but it may differ slightly for each institution.)
- Students who started at University of California-Berkeley and then transferred to and graduated from another institution are represented by the lighter purple bar with the white stripe underneath ()
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at University of California-Berkeley are represented by the darker aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at University of California-Berkeley and then transferred to and are still enrolled at another institution are represented by the lighter aqua bar with the bottom white stripe ().
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
University of California-Berkeley | Bachelor's Seeking Model - First-Time Full-Time
OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-BERKELEY IN FALL 2013 BY SUMMER 2019
WITHIN 4 YEARS
WITHIN 5 YEARS
WITHIN 6 YEARS
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from University of California-Berkeley||75%||89%||92%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from another institution||1%||1%||1%|
|Enrolled at University of California-Berkeley||18%||4%||2%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Transferred and enrolled
at another institution
|Current Status Unknown||4%||5%||4%|