The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
Indiana State UniversityIndiana State University offers an academically challenging, high value education. Forbes has recognized Indiana State as one of America’s Top Colleges and Princeton Review has recognized State as among the best in the Midwest. Indiana State integrates teaching and research for students who seek opportunities for personal, professional and intellectual growth. Our pedestrian friendly and beautifully landscaped campus has been recognized by Princeton Review as one of the most environmentally responsible college campuses. The Indiana State student body represents 52 states and territories and more than 65 countries. State has been reaffirmed as a Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching classification in recognition of our commitment to community engagement. Our focus on community and public service sets us apart. Our dedicated faculty and staff provide personal attention and inspire students to create and apply knowledge through dynamic partnerships with the community and the world. Indiana State University graduates are valued for their demonstrated knowledge, active citizenship, and leadership qualities in their community, the country and the world. That’s why State students have a 94% placement rate after graduation. We pride ourselves in offering learning opportunities and financial assistance to our students. We serve a high percentage of first-generation college students and working-class students, who understand the value of diligence and perseverance to get ahead. We offer more than 100 undergraduate majors including on campus and online programs. Each program has a component of experiential learning from freshman to senior year. We award more than $16 million in scholarships to our students each year. Located in the heart of Terre Haute’s downtown, Indiana State’s campus is within walking distance to local shops and restaurants. We are located approximately ten minutes from a major interstate and are centrally located among Indianapolis, St. Louis and Chicago. In addition to what the city of Terre Haute offers, our 14 campus residence halls, student recreation facilities, 15 NCAA Division I athletic teams and more than 250 student-run organizations always have activities and entertainment for students to enjoy. It is a great time to be part of the Indiana State University family. We encourage you to further explore what Blue can do for you. Learn more at indstate.edu
Fall 2013 First-time Full-time Cohort
6-year outcomes for undergraduate bachelor’s-seeking students as of 2019
First-Time Full-Time Students Starting Fall 2013
Number of students: 2,648
roll over each bar for detail data
The SAM Full-time Bachelor's Degree model tracks a group of students who started a bachelor's degree program at Indiana State University in the Fall of 2013. The students' progress toward a degree is reported within 4, 5, and 6 years. The same group of students is included in the results for every year.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from Indiana State University are represented by the darker purple bar with the solid black bar underneath (). (This section of the chart Within 6 Years is approximately the same as the federal graduation rate, but it may differ slightly for each institution.)
- Students who started at Indiana State University and then transferred to and graduated from another institution are represented by the lighter purple bar with the white stripe underneath ()
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at Indiana State University are represented by the darker aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at Indiana State University and then transferred to and are still enrolled at another institution are represented by the lighter aqua bar with the bottom white stripe ().
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
Indiana State University | Bachelor's Seeking Model - First-Time Full-Time
OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT
INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY IN FALL 2013 BY SUMMER 2019
WITHIN 4 YEARS
WITHIN 5 YEARS
WITHIN 6 YEARS
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from Indiana State University||29%||39%||41%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from another institution||5%||8%||11%|
|Enrolled at Indiana State University||18%||5%||2%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Transferred and enrolled
at another institution
|Current Status Unknown||32%||37%||38%|