The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
Princeton UniversityPrinceton University is a vibrant community of scholarship and learning that stands in the nation's service and in the service of humanity. Chartered in 1746, Princeton is the fourth-oldest college in the United States. Princeton is an independent, coeducational, nondenominational institution that provides undergraduate and graduate instruction in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and engineering. As a world-renowned research university, Princeton seeks to achieve the highest levels of distinction in the discovery and transmission of knowledge and understanding. At the same time, Princeton is distinctive among research universities in its commitment to undergraduate teaching. Today, more than 1,200 faculty members instruct approximately 5,250 undergraduate students and 2,700 graduate students. The University's generous financial aid program ensures that talented students from all economic backgrounds can afford a Princeton education.
First-Time Full-Time Students Starting Fall 2010
Number of students: 1,311
roll over each bar for detail data
The SAM Full-time Bachelor's Degree model tracks a group of students who started a bachelor's degree program at Princeton University in the Fall of 2010. The students' progress toward a degree is reported within 4, 5, and 6 years. The same group of students is included in the results for every year.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from Princeton University are represented by the darker purple bar with the solid black bar underneath (). (This section of the chart Within 6 Years is approximately the same as the federal graduation rate, but it may differ slightly for each institution.)
- Students who started at Princeton University and then transferred to and graduated from another institution are represented by the lighter purple bar with the white stripe underneath ()
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at Princeton University are represented by the darker aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at Princeton University and then transferred to and are still enrolled at another institution are represented by the lighter aqua bar with the bottom white stripe ().
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
Princeton University | Bachelor's Seeking Model - First-Time Full-Time
OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT
PRINCETON UNIVERSITY IN FALL 2010 BY SUMMER 2016
WITHIN 4 YEARS
WITHIN 5 YEARS
WITHIN 6 YEARS
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from Princeton University||89%||96%||97%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from another institution||0%||0%||0%|
|Enrolled at Princeton University||8%||2%||0%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Transferred and enrolled
at another institution
|Current Status Unknown||2%||2%||3%|