The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
Upstate Medical UniversityUpstate Medical University's educational mission is anchored by its four colleges—Medicine, Nursing, Health Professions and Graduate Studies (biomedical sciences). Since 2006, student enrollment has grown by 30% as Upstate responds to the needs of the region. As a biomedical research enterprise, Upstate focuses on the most prevalent human diseases, including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, nervous system disorders, vision, and infectious diseases. The quest for treatments and cures is built upon expertise in structural, molecular and systems biology. Upstate also offers many clinical trials for patients. The Upstate University Health System serves 1.8 million people, often the most seriously ill and injured, and includes Upstate University Hospital; Upstate University Hospital at Community Campus; Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital, and numerous satellite sites.
Full-Time Transfer Students Starting Fall 2010
Number of students: 244
roll over each bar for detail data
The SAM Full-time Bachelor's Degree model tracks a group of students who started a bachelor's degree program at Upstate Medical University in the Fall of 2010. The students' progress toward a degree is reported within 4, 5, and 6 years. The same group of students is included in the results for every year.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from Upstate Medical University are represented by the darker purple bar with the solid black bar underneath (). (This section of the chart Within 6 Years is approximately the same as the federal graduation rate, but it may differ slightly for each institution.)
- Students who started at Upstate Medical University and then transferred to and graduated from another institution are represented by the lighter purple bar with the white stripe underneath ()
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at Upstate Medical University are represented by the darker aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at Upstate Medical University and then transferred to and are still enrolled at another institution are represented by the lighter aqua bar with the bottom white stripe ().
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
Upstate Medical University | Bachelor's Seeking Model - Full-Time Transfer
OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT
UPSTATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY IN FALL 2010 BY SUMMER 2016
WITHIN 2 YEARS
WITHIN 4 YEARS
WITHIN 6 YEARS
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from Upstate Medical University||81%||86%||87%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from another institution||3%||5%||6%|
|Enrolled at Upstate Medical University||4%||1%||0%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Transferred and enrolled
at another institution
|Current Status Unknown||8%||6%||7%|