The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
Capital Community CollegeCapital Community College is an accredited, public, two-year college located in Hartford, Connecticut, serves 6 towns in central Connecticut. Capital offers accredited degree and certificate programs for career advancement and transfer to the baccalaureate level. The college offers more than 60 accredited degree and certificate programs to help students achieve their goals. Associate degree studies include nursing, allied health, accounting, insurance and financial services, communication media, computer and information systems, architectural engineering technology, natural sciences, liberal arts, early childhood education, criminal justice and social services. The College enrolls the second highest percentage of minority students among 252 New England schools and colleges; over 60% of students are African American and Latino/a; approximately 55% of students are age 25 or older; and, 63% receive some form of financial aid. Capital is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution.
Fall 2016 First-time Full-time Cohort
6-year outcomes for undergraduate associates-seeking students as of 2022
First-time-at-Institution, All Students Starting Fall 2016
Number of students: 869
roll over each bar for detail data
WITHIN 6 YEARS
Graduated: Reporting institution
Enrolled: Reporting institution
Transferred: Other Institution
Current Status Unknown
The SAM Associate's Degree / Certificate model tracks a group of students who started an associate degree program or certificate program at Capital Community College in the Fall of 2016. The students’ progress toward a degree or certificate is reported within 6 years.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from Capital Community College are represented by the purple bar with the solid black bar underneath ().
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at Capital Community College are represented by the aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at Capital Community College and transferred to another institution prior to earning a degree or certificate are represented by the orange bar with the large white stripe underneath (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled at another institution.
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
Capital Community College | Associate / Certificate Seeking Model - All Students
|OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT CAPITAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN FALL 2016 BY SUMMER 2022|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from Capital Community College||20%|
|Enrolled at Capital Community College||6%|
|Transferred with no degree or certificate from Capital Community College*||28%|
|Current Status Unknown||46%|
* Students who transferred may have subsequently earned a degree or award or be still enrolled; their status is not tracked after their transfer from Capital Community College.