The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
Naugatuck Valley Community CollegeNaugatuck Valley Community College, an accredited two-year public institution, is a caring and dynamic institution with an academic community that is rich in culture and diversity, and where students are our finest asset. Surrounded by splendid gardens and grounds and served by talented, credentialed and dedicated faculty, staff and administrators at our Waterbury and Danbury Campuses, the College offers comprehensive educational opportunities for those who are just beginning their education and those who are continuing their personal journey to a better future. Prospective students are presented with a rich and diverse array of career and academic programs in areas such as allied health, accounting, automotive, business management, cybersecurity, dance, digital arts, drug and alcohol recovery counselor, early childhood education, engineering technology, horticulture, hospitality management, human services, manufacturing, nursing, and transfer degrees that seamlessly move students into bachelor degree programs at state and other universities. An engine of change in our communities and beyond, Naugatuck Valley Community College’s Bridge to College initiatives support early college opportunities, tutoring, and mentoring for area high school students. Strong collaboration between area high schools and our library and tutoring center provide a solid framework to help guide students towards their academic goals. Through this work, Naugatuck Valley Community College positively transforms the lives of our diverse students.
Fall 2016 First-time Full-time Cohort
6-year outcomes for undergraduate associates-seeking students as of 2022
First-time-at-Institution, All Students Starting Fall 2016
Number of students: 1,850
roll over each bar for detail data
WITHIN 6 YEARS
Graduated: Reporting institution
Enrolled: Reporting institution
Transferred: Other Institution
Current Status Unknown
The SAM Associate's Degree / Certificate model tracks a group of students who started an associate degree program or certificate program at Naugatuck Valley Community College in the Fall of 2016. The students’ progress toward a degree or certificate is reported within 6 years.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from Naugatuck Valley Community College are represented by the purple bar with the solid black bar underneath ().
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at Naugatuck Valley Community College are represented by the aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at Naugatuck Valley Community College and transferred to another institution prior to earning a degree or certificate are represented by the orange bar with the large white stripe underneath (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled at another institution.
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
Naugatuck Valley Community College | Associate / Certificate Seeking Model - All Students
|OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT NAUGATUCK VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN FALL 2016 BY SUMMER 2022|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from Naugatuck Valley Community College||24%|
|Enrolled at Naugatuck Valley Community College||5%|
|Transferred with no degree or certificate from Naugatuck Valley Community College*||24%|
|Current Status Unknown||47%|
* Students who transferred may have subsequently earned a degree or award or be still enrolled; their status is not tracked after their transfer from Naugatuck Valley Community College.