The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
University of Massachusetts-LowellUMass Lowell is a national research university committed to preparing students for work in the real world -- solving real problems and helping real people -- by providing an affordable, high-quality education. Located on a high-energy campus in the heart of a global community, the university offers more than 17,000 students bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in six colleges. Our students are more successful than ever thanks to accredited programs, a focus on hands-on learning, and personal attention from accomplished faculty and dedicated staff. Whether you're pursuing a career path or still searching for one, UMass Lowell is the ideal place to discover and achieve your purpose. Our graduates are wanted and trusted by employers and graduate schools alike.
Fall 2015 First-time Full-time Cohort
6-year outcomes for undergraduate bachelor’s-seeking students as of 2021
First-Time Full-Time Students Starting Fall 2015
Number of students: 1,591
roll over each bar for detail data
The SAM Full-time Bachelor's Degree model tracks a group of students who started a bachelor's degree program at University of Massachusetts-Lowell in the Fall of 2015. The students' progress toward a degree is reported within 4, 5, and 6 years. The same group of students is included in the results for every year.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from University of Massachusetts-Lowell are represented by the darker purple bar with the solid black bar underneath (). (This section of the chart Within 6 Years is approximately the same as the federal graduation rate, but it may differ slightly for each institution.)
- Students who started at University of Massachusetts-Lowell and then transferred to and graduated from another institution are represented by the lighter purple bar with the white stripe underneath ()
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at University of Massachusetts-Lowell are represented by the darker aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at University of Massachusetts-Lowell and then transferred to and are still enrolled at another institution are represented by the lighter aqua bar with the bottom white stripe ().
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
University of Massachusetts-Lowell | Bachelor's Seeking Model - First-Time Full-Time
OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-LOWELL IN FALL 2015 BY SUMMER 2021
WITHIN 4 YEARS
WITHIN 5 YEARS
WITHIN 6 YEARS
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from University of Massachusetts-Lowell||47%||66%||69%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from another institution||6%||9%||10%|
|Enrolled at University of Massachusetts-Lowell||29%||7%||3%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Transferred and enrolled
at another institution
|Current Status Unknown||9%||13%||14%|