The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
Truckee Meadows Community CollegeTMCC is a large, urban community college offering two-year associate degrees, certificates of achievement and short-term workforce development training. TMCC students take a variety of different pathways to earn a degree, certificate or a skill-based credential that do not always fit traditional graduation rate methodology. Close proximity to a four-year institution allows many of our students to ‘swirl’ between the two schools, which often prolongs their degree attainment. TMCC’s student population is over 80% part-time, which makes it difficult for the majority to graduate within 2 or three years.
Fall 2016 First-time Full-time Cohort
6-year outcomes for undergraduate associates-seeking students as of 2022
National Accountability Initiative Participant Site:https://www.nccbp.org/
First-time-at-Institution, All Students Starting Fall 2016
Number of students: 1,453
roll over each bar for detail data
WITHIN 6 YEARS
Graduated: Reporting institution
Enrolled: Reporting institution
Transferred: Other Institution
Current Status Unknown
The SAM Associate's Degree / Certificate model tracks a group of students who started an associate degree program or certificate program at Truckee Meadows Community College in the Fall of 2016. The students’ progress toward a degree or certificate is reported within 6 years.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from Truckee Meadows Community College are represented by the purple bar with the solid black bar underneath ().
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at Truckee Meadows Community College are represented by the aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at Truckee Meadows Community College and transferred to another institution prior to earning a degree or certificate are represented by the orange bar with the large white stripe underneath (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled at another institution.
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
Truckee Meadows Community College | Associate / Certificate Seeking Model - All Students
|OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT TRUCKEE MEADOWS COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN FALL 2016 BY SUMMER 2022|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from Truckee Meadows Community College||43%|
|Enrolled at Truckee Meadows Community College||10%|
|Transferred with no degree or certificate from Truckee Meadows Community College*||22%|
|Current Status Unknown||25%|
* Students who transferred may have subsequently earned a degree or award or be still enrolled; their status is not tracked after their transfer from Truckee Meadows Community College.